Tuesday 18 March 2014

Interview of Grégory Le Gal

In our section with interviews, we don't publish only the answers of top players but also from fans from all over the world. Here is the Interview of Grégory Le Gal who lives in the South of France.

Name: Grégory Le Gal
Age: 40
Nation: France
Club: Table Football Provence
Type of figures/bases used: 2k4 figurines on tchaaa4 (sniper bases)
Job: project manager
Hobbies: subbuteo, rc plane and helicopters, cycling and football

Grégory's first pitch
 When did you first started to play Subbuteo and what was the first team you got bought?
My first match was played in Milano, Italy, with Lucca (my cousin). It was in 1987. The first team I bought was France, of course.

How many years have you been playing and what are the main titles you have achieved in any level?
I started playing in the late 80s but I stopped form 1995 and 2013 so I am a real beginner again nowadays.
The logo of Grégory's club

What is the best thing about this game and why would you recommend it to someone? 
It is football! It's a perfect game to understand tactics in football and to have good time around a table without eating :)

Your most memorable moments from this game (happy or even sad)?
The most momorable was when I beat the neighborhood champion 1-0, with just one shot to goal for me in the whole game and too many shots on the posts and the bar for him. The saddest moment was when I came back to France and nobody knew what is subbuteo. As a consequence I had nobody to play with me.
Grégory's France 98 team on sniper bases

Who was your strongest opponent and who is your favorite player and why?
My favorite player is Daniel Scheen because he's from Belgium and everybody knows "Belgium is über alles!" and he's so cool! He's the spirit of this sport!
The most difficult thing for me is to replace my figurines back in defense and to have good defensive blocks.

Is it a sport or a game? What is your opinion about this question that many people ask?
No doubt about the fact that IS A SPORT, because you have to train yourself, practice your fingers, your position around the table. It's a sport where that is not necessary to be a "physic monster".
The pitch at the office where subbuteo is played every day from 12.00 till 2.00 pm

What improvements would you like to see in the future and what would you suggest to  improve things?
Changing rules to erase the "great wall of China" tactic (10 mens in defense on the shooting line).

What would you recommend to someone who starts the game now? What are the secrets for top performance?
You love real football? You will love table soccer! The secret is training, training and when you have time: training!

(Interview by Panos Panagiotides)

No comments:

Post a Comment