Saturday 15 March 2014

Interview of Elodie Bertholet

One of the top players of the international table football scene is the first player interviewed by Panos Panagiotides for the WASPA blog.


Q: When did you first started to play Subbuteo and what was the first team you got bought?
A: I started playing in 2003, the year of the world cup in Malta. I started playing at the Templeuve United club in Belgium.

Q: How many years you play and what are the best positions titles you have achieved in any level?
A: We have been 11 times ladies world champions and I wa spart of the team every year. I also reached the semi-finals of the individual world cup twice and became national champion one time.

Q: What is the best thing about this game and why would you recommend it to someone?
A: I believe this game needs a lot of intelligence and you must think really fast. It's also a good way for people who have too much energy to learn how to calm their nerves.

Q: Your most memorable moments from this game happy or even sad?
A:  Every victory makes me happy. I don't like to lose.

Q: Who was your most difficult opponent to beat and who is your favorite player and why?
A: Françoise Guyot of France was a strong opponent. I also like Vito Di Ruggiero very much and I'm a fan of Italy's Massimiliano Nastasi.

Q: Is it a sport or a game? what is your opinion about this question that many people ask?
A: It remains a game and I play to have fun, even if I hate losing but I don't get ill when I lose games...

Q: What improvements would you like to see in the future and what would you suggest to improve things? 
A: I have no idea.

Q: What would you recommend to someone who starts the game now? What are the secrets for top performance?
A: You must play a lot of smaller events before taking part in a Major because the level is very high and it's not easy for beginners to play only two games and then go back home, in particular when tournaments are played far away from your place. My secret to play well is to practice, practice and practice again and play a lot of games against stronger opponents.

Published with the permission of Elodie. Interview by Panos Panagiotides for the WASPA blog on March 15, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment